Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dried Fruit Sales Flop When Fresh Fruit is Available


Well I couldn't wait. I have been telling our customers at the Farmers' Market that we were drying some of the fruit and I had requests for some. 


Mind you, we still have fresh peaches that we are selling, but I still took a whole box -- that's about 20 pounds -- thinking it was so good it would fly off the shelf. Wrong! Maybe 3 or 4 people even asked about the fruit. Oh, they wanted samples, but they bought the fresh peaches instead. They loved the dried fruit but said they would wait until the fresh fruit was out of season. So, the lesson here is that timing is important. Selling dried fruit while you have fresh fruit isn't worth the effort. Well, at least I'm enjoying the dried fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment